Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The text is in 12-point Times New Roman with a two-line spacing on A4-paper.
- Papers should not exceed five thousand (5000) words (including footnotes, but excluding the references).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The text should be left-aligned, not fully justified.
- The text should contain the following items in this sequence: (1) the title of the proposed paper; (2) the name(s) of the author(s); (3) summary (100–200 words); (4) five keywords; (5) text; (6) acknowledgements; (7) sigla; (8) bibliographic references; (9) full contact details, emails and postal addresses and affiliation(s) of the contributor(s).
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- A separate file with the text of the image captions should be submitted.
- The paper should include no more than 10 illustrations (figures) including tables, maps, photographs, line drawings, plans etc. which should be numbered in a single sequence, as Figure 1, Figure 2, etc., in the order in which they are mentioned in the text
- Each figure must be submitted as a separate file. Do not inset figures into your text file but please indicated in your text roughly where the figures should be inserted.
- You should make every effort to ensure that spellings of place names on figures correspond to those given in the text of the paper or poster-paper and are correctly transliterated. Guidance on the transliteration of place names is provided in this list of place names.
Archaeopress Publishing, Oxford, UK